Saturday, March 21, 2015

EMPIRE CLASSIC SCENE. BASIC INSTINCT

"'Games are fun...'"

SETTING THE SCENE Suspected of murdering retired rock and roller Johnny Boz, millionaire novelist Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone) is brought in for questioning before a police panel – Assistant District Attorney Correlli (Wayne Knight) Nick Curran (Michael Douglas), Lieutenant Walker (Denis Arndt), Gus (George Dzundza) and Captain Calcott (Chelcie Ross)…

CORRELI: Would you tell us about the nature of your relationship with Mr. Boz?

CATHERINE: I had sex with him for about a year and a half... I liked having sex with him. He wasn’t afraid of experimenting. I like men like that, men who give me pleasure. He gave me a lot of pleasure.

CORRELI: You ever, er, engage in any sado-masochistic activity?

CATHERINE (Leans forward): Exactly what did you have in mind, Mr. Correli?

CORRELI: (He licks his lips): Ever tie him up?

CATHERINE: No.

CATHERINE: No. Johnny liked to use his hands too much... I like hands and fingers.

WALKER: You describe a white silk scarf in your book.

CATHERINE: I’ve always had a fondness for white silk scarves. They’re good for all occasions.

NICK: But you said you liked men to use their hands didn’t you?

CATHERINE: No, I said I liked Johnny to use his hands... I don’t make any rules, Nick, I go with the flow.

CORRELI: Did you kill Mr. Boz, Miss Tramell?

CATHERINE (Takes off her jacket): I’d have to be pretty stupid to write a book about killing and then kill somebody the way I described it in my book – I’d be announcing myself as the killer. I’m not stupid.

TALCOTT: We know you’re not stupid, Miss Tramell.

WALKER: Maybe that’s what you’re counting on to get you off the hook.

NICK: Writing the book gives you an alibi.

CATHERINE: Yes it does, doesn’t it? The answer is no, I didn’t kill him.

GUS: Do you use drugs, Miss Tramell?

CATHERINE: Sometimes.

CORRELI: Did you ever use drugs with Mr. Boz?

CATHERINE: Sure.

GUS: What kind of drugs?

CATHERINE: Cocaine... have you ever fucked on cocaine Nick? (She uncrosses her legs) It’s nice.

NICK (Hot under the collar): You like playing games, don’t you?

CATHERINE (Playing with her lighter): I have a degree in psychology, it goes with the turf... Games are fun.

No comments: